Thursday, October 31, 2013

Autumn Oranges


I don't know about you, but fall is one of my favorite times of the year- the change in nature, the cooler air (especially compared to Memphis' oh-so-very humid summers), and it's the time to pull out the pants and scarves and great fall colors! 

One of my favorite colors is orange, kind of ironic cause it's October, but this post focuses more on wearing it day-to-day rather than in a pumpkin costume!
I'm a big fan of this color cause it's bright (1), you don't have to wear it just in fall (2), and I feel like it makes the wearer look even "brighter," sort-of-speak (3). Now orange comes in all different hues so I've played around with different ones lately.

For example, this week I paired a vintage auburn button down that I bought with a scarf and some black jeans! Voila!


And then for church this past Sunday, I wore a simple orange skirt, that I had made using this easy tutorial with a white lace top, simple vintage brown belt, and some flats! I've also worn this skirt during a college visit when my family and I went up to DC. I paired it with a chunky brown belt and a navy polka-dotted top.

  


And lastly, I went for the brighter, more neon shade of orange for a neon-themed football game this past Friday. I actually bought the fabric at Hancock in the same aisle that they were selling camo fabric for other hunting wear. I then sewed an infinity scarf out of it using Sweet Verbena's tutorial and paired it with a dark blue top, black pleather skirt, brown leather jacket, and simple black ballet flats.(But man how I need to invest in some black booties for this colder weather!)

What I'm trying to say is that orange is one of the most versatile colors out there and I encourage you to go and give it a try! Whether it's through a small detail, like a bracelet or scarf, or on a much larger scale with a skirt, this color will not disappoint you. And it comes in so many shades that you can pick and choose what best fits you!

Well that's all for now! Hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween! 

Blogging to you with lots of love!
Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment